Wednesday 11 June 2008

Pete Doherty - The Libertines Would Only Reform For An Album Says Barat

DIRTY PRTTY THINGS frontman Carl Barat has said that the only reason he would reunite with Pete Doherty to reform THE LIBERTINES would be to make a new studio album.

Barat told the Independent he would consider working with his former bandmate and BABYSHAMBLES singer again, once the DIRTY PRETTY THINGS had run its course.

"Once I've done what I'm doing now [Dirty Pretty Things], it [reuniting with Doherty] won't be hard at all," he said. "It may detract in the short term from what I'm trying to achieve.

"It's certainly a friendship I cherish. But I want to let it be for a while. A lot of my friends say you should only do a reunion if you're going to write a new album. I agree. Otherwise it's just a cash-cow, a glory-milker."

Barat implied that the link between the two was not irrevocably broken by pointing out that he still has a 'Libertine' tattoo on his arm.





30/05/2008 13:32:07




See Also